Sunday, November 1, 2009

fOoD, and dOgS, and hAiRcUtS, OH MY!

Needless to say this weekend has been packed full of fun activities and  little bit of stress on my part! Our cookout with the Potter's on Friday had to be postponed because Autumn was still feeling sick. Hopefully she is feeling much better now! We miss spending time with those two! We decided that we would go to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Britton enjoyed eating exactly what I was! He loved my vegetable platter of potatoes, mac-n-cheese, carrots, and dumplings!

 Britton decided that he wanted to go to bed thirty minutes early so that was a nice surprise for us! Saturday we had planned on going to Franklin's pUmPkInFeSt early, but Britton took a 2 hour nap! Once he woke up we headed out. There were so many people there! Once Britton gets a little older it will be so much fun for him. The People's Church had set up an entire section of free games, pony rides, tea parties and bouncy houses for the kids. Britton loved strolling around and eating Honey Nut Cheerios. :) 



We loaded up and headed over to Hank and Rhonda's for hAlLoWeEn! We decided Britton would be a puppy for his first Halloween. Being that our baby is so tall, we had to get a 12-18 month costume! He was not the biggest fan of the furry hood so this resulted in our pictures being not so smiley. He enjoyed looking at all the trick-or-treaters and especially those who waved at him or patted his little puppy head! He was getting a little tired so I took him inside to sit with Kyle and Hank, who were of course watching the UT game. By the time I sat him on Kyle's lap and got his gymmies, he was asleep! 



Today after church we had planned on getting Britton's hair cut. We went to Otter's to eat lunch and wait for Snip-Its to open. We went down to Snip-Its and found about a 45 minutes wait. It was almost Britton's turn to get his cut when I went to get my wallet and realized that it was missing. I went nuts! I went back to Otters and checked and no luck! When I got back to Snip-Its Britton was in the chair and screaming! He was not happy about this event, at all. The poor lady tried her best, but he refused to keep his head still for more than a second. We managed to get the sides and back "clipped." I wonder if this counts as his first real hair cut? I hope not because the only picture we got was after we left Snip-Its and sat him on the bench outside. :( 



When we got home I spent way too many hours making calls to SunTrust, Jcrew and other places that might be seeing a sudden jump in charges! I e-mailed Paula and Stephanie and had to wait. I know that I was horrible and hateful to Kyle as I was so upset that my wallet/checkbook was not only missing, but went missing out of Britton's bag while he was in the nursery at church! So after much dread, annoyance, and being in a bad mood I got an e-mail from Paula, while she was at the Titans game, letting me know she had my wallet. Apparently when they went to change Britton's diaper the wallet was taken out to get to what they needed and then forgotten. I guess this was my test from God to see how I would handle myself in the face of a little stressor...I think I failed this one. Hopefully I will learn that though something may seem like a big deal, it will pass. I am too blessed to let such things put a damper on my day. So that being said, Yea God for my beautiful baby boy even if he does scream at a haircut appointment. Yes God, for a wonderful husband who will allow me to be yucky when I've had a bad day and still love me. And Yea God, for a found wallet and being tested. I promise to do better next time!

One of his pictures from his 9 month session :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it counts as his first hair cut. He probably didn't have much to cut. I say when they cut like a inch or two it should count.

    ReplyDelete