Monday, February 8, 2010

Surgery....

Britton had his surgery for his ear tubes last Tuesday. I must say that just as I calmed down my anxiety about the surgery I got a phone call last Monday to let me know that Dr. Huber was in the hospital. Not only was he in the hospital, but would be out for the next two to four weeks. I decided that we would allow his partner, Dr. Mullins, to do the surgery so our little boy would not have to wait. His surgery time got moved and we were to check in at 6:30 am with the tubes being put in at 7:30... much better for a hungry baby! Everything went wonderfully. It has now been almost a week and the tubes must be working there magic! Tuesday and Wednesday were rough nights, but ever since Wednesday he has been sleeping through the night! We can hear him wake up, but we are letting him soothe himself back to sleep and life is good. :) The extra sleep is a very welcomed change, especially for my husband! Britton currently has a cold, but hopefully the tubes will do their job and this will not turn into an ear infection. Thank you all for the prayers, e-mails, texts, and calls to check in on Britton. We truly appreciate you all so much!

Kudos to Dr. Mullins for being so great to us and Britton! We go for a check-up in a week, keep thinking of us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that things are going well after Britton's surgery! I love the picture of him in his chair!

    ReplyDelete