Monday, August 17, 2009

playing catch up....

through pictures and short captions :) and then some more!


Two days after he turned 6 months he decided it was time to use a sippy cup!

This was how I found him during a "nap." Turned sideways and playing!

The next time I came to check he was pulling up to stand in his crib...scary!


Bath time is now play time as he only wants to sit and splash!

He loves the mirror at Dr. Chambers! This was for 6 1/2 month shots and 
check-up, he was 28 1/2" long and weighed 20 lb 2 ozs!


Today was Britton's first day at daycare.......and Mommy did well. :) I started back to work on August 6th, but there was not an opening for him until August 17th. Thankfully Renee, my sister, flew in and kept him while Kyle and I were at work. I think this helped prepare me for this day I hav been dreading for 6 1/2 months! I was okay until I came home and got the "report" from Kyle. He was told that Britton was shy and quiet and cried a few times. :( I'm hoping that in a week or two Britton will be use to going and have a routine there. I'm glad to be back teaching, I actually missed it, but at the same time I miss being with him all day. For right now we need my income, hopefully one day we won't! :) I can always wish and hope.

Britton before leaving for his first day of daycare

I did however have a great time with Britton these past two weekends. The weekend of August 7th we (Renee, Britton and myself) drove to Bristol, Tn and Bakersville, NC. Kyle had to stay behind and work on Saturday. WE went to surprise my grandfather, P, since it was the church decoration of the graves. Being that my grandmother, M, passed away last May we knew it would mean a lot to him if we could make it. He was glad to see Renee and myself, but THRILLED to see Britton. It was a very long drive, but a good visit. 
(These are pictures of Britton drinking water out of a plastic cup....one of his new favorite things!)


This past weekend Renee was still in town and my Mom came up as well. Kyle had a weekend trip planned with some of his faternity brothers. We went to Rainforest Cafe on Friday night and Britton was in awe. We were seated right next to the monkeys. Ever time they went "off" Britton's eyes became huge! He didn't cry and seemed to enjoy it. The rest of the weekend we spent time just playing with Britton. Renee and I went to the Titans game on Saturday while Mom kept Britton.


I think coming home from work now and weekends will be more savored on my part. I know he'll be fine after awhile of being at daycare... let's just hope I adjust soon too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment