Wednesday, August 3, 2011

....missing you, Brother Johnson....


I do this every day. There is not a day that has gone by since you passed away, my dear friend, that I do not think of you, of Sister J, of our last conversation, your compassionate smile & servant heart and most of all how much I adore you. I always have adored you, from the very first time we met....
What I would give to hear that laugh just one more time. To watch you walk hand in hand with the love of your life. To give a huge hug to that small frame and soak in the moment with you. It's never easy to let go of someone you love, but I am reassured by the way you lived that you are in His kingdom and so joyful. I long for the day we meet again, Brother J. Until then I will continue to miss you, to reflect on your incredible example and cherish the friendship we shared. I love you, my sweet Jamaican grandfather....


**Raise up this morning, smile with the rising sun, three little birds beside my doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true**

No comments:

Post a Comment