Monday, August 1, 2011

A week at the BeAcH!!

Kyle and I look forward to this particular vacation ever year. We both adore the beach and getting to share it with our boys makes it even more special! This year we decided it would be nice to invite my parents to join us for half the week. Britton and Foster had a great week and enjoyed having Mimi and Pa with them too!






My precious Britton celebrated his half birthday on July 24th! He got lots of Buzz gifts, spent almost all day at the pool, had a good dinner and a huge cupcake to end the night! He kept telling us, "It's my birthday!" He actually said this the entire week. :) Boy knows what a birthday means!!




Kyle and I celebrated our four year anniversary while at the beach, July 28th! This year we were able to go out, just the two of us! :) I know it sounds odd that we would not be alone for our anniversary, but we have spent the past two at the beach with Britton. We were able to see Captain America, eat at Great Southern ( my favorite place in Seaside) and share some drinks together. The boys were already asleep when we got home which was a bonus! I can't believe it has already been four years! What a lucky and blessed girl I am!


We spent a lot of time in Seaside, as usual, and this year did not disappoint! We were able to catch the last part of a band on Wednesday night after our beach pictures. (Look for those professional pics soon!!) Then on Friday night we all ate at the newest airstream called The Meltdown on 30A, which is a grilled cheese place and was fabulous food, horrible customer service that night. :( We stayed at the amphitheatre to see the movie Yogi Bear. I think it is safe to say that the adults thought this movie was bad, really bad, but my 2 year old thought it was great! It had everything he loved in it: animals, water, hats, and choo-choos. When it was over he cried that he wanted to watch the "bears." Needless to say his Mimi came to the rescue and gave him the Yogi Bear movie on Saturday. (Such a spoiled boy! It's those big brown eyes and his little sweet voice that says, "I need it.")




The beach, aka: the sand, was a success this year! It started out being the enemy yet again, but became friendly at our photo shot! Britton found a sand castle from earlier in the day and made friends with the sand as he destroyed the castle, saying he was a monster! :) By the end of our 9 days he was LoViNg the sand! Foster enjoyed the sand too! He didn't pay much attention to it until the last day when I sat him in it with no toys around so I could get some pictures. The sand, wet sand I might add, made it's way into his little fist and then into his mouth...multiple times actually. :) Both of the boys enjoyed the ocean and the pool. Britton called the pool his water and the ocean, well....he asked me whose water it was, I couldn't think of an answer besides Jesus....so it became Jesus' water. He would let us know which water he wanted to visit. :) To be honest as long as he was in water, he was happy, as was Foster. We have two little fish!





Our last night we decided to go eat dinner in Destin. We had to pick somewhere that served something besides seafood, my Mom is not a fan! The Back Porch seemed the easiest pick. We always worry about Britton going out to eat because when he is ready to go then it's time to go, no matter what...according to him! Kyle and I were happily surprised at how well he and Foster did!! In fact Foster even decided to try table food....too bad it was a french fry that he sucked on, ha! Oh well!!

Buying a beer with a baby :) I told Kyle I thought this would be a funny picture. He said he didn't want to be "that guy." :)


Our week ended way too soon, as I guess all vacation does! We had such a fun time and think that Mimi and Pa should join us for half a week next year too. In fact we think Aunt Ne and Uncle Sean should make an appearance!!


2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, and love those coordinating Coco Bonbon outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend! You would love the matching outfits! :) I just wish I would have gotten a good picture of them in it together! Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete