Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A chaotic few weeks minus a gallbladder

So if you've read the previous blogs you know all about my week long stay in Bristol due to my wonderful gallbladder attack. On Sunday, May 31st I had two attacks within an hour of each other so Kyle and I got Britton loaded up to take to his grandparent's house and headed to the Williamson Medical ER. I had an appointment on Friday and already knew I had a "packed" gallbladder, but surgery had not yet been scheduled. After being at the ER from 2 am to about 9am we left with Loratab and were told to call and schedule surgery on Monday. We went home and tried to take a nap then actually headed over to Hank and Rhonda's where we had left Britton and went swimming, it was a very long day. 
I had an appointment scheduled for Monday to see Dr. LaNeve, it was to start at 2:15 and I had to take Britton with me. This appointment lasted until 4:15 needless to say Britton was very unhappy and not on his best behavior. Surgery was scheduled for Wednesday and I had to be there at 8:30am. On Tuesday Kyle got a call early in the morning from his Mom letting him know his Grandfather Cincere had passed away. Kyle called in and took off that day and the next. We headed to the funeral home to help with whatever we could. Wednesday came and Kyle and Britton dropped me off at the hospital. I got all checked in and changed into the lovely gown by 9:30, this is when my nurse, Holly, informed me my surgery was set for 11:40 and they would take me to the holding room an hour before. Time moved so slowly! I don't remember too much about being in the holding room besides the IV being put in and then being told my "best friend" would give me medicine soon. Last time I heard that was when I got my epidural, that NEVER set in! This time all worked; next thing I remembered was being woke up and asked what I wanted to drink, which was nothing to be honest. I looked at the clock when we got to my room and it was already 2pm and then at 2:30 Kyle and Britton came in. I was in and out during this time, but from what I can remember Britton did very well. He loved laying on the hospital bed and laughed at everything Kyle said to him! Finally at 5:30 I was allowed to go the bathroom and change into my clothes. Kyle went to get the car and the nurse went over the check-out stuff. Again I was given Loratab, a stronger dose this time. Thank goodness Kyle had the day off because I felt horrible! Rhonda came over and watched Britton on Thursday while I mostly popped pain pills and slept. On Friday Rachel took the day off of work to come watch Britton. (THANK YOU!!!!) I also had a cheer practice that day, I'm not sure what I was thinking not to cancel that! Saturday we went to Hank and Rhonda's to spend time with them and Brandon and swim...well they swam, I tried to stay awake and watch. I ran out of Loratab on Sunday and since then have been taking Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release like it is candy. I'm still sore, still bloated and still in pain. To add to all of it I now get sick after everything I eat, except for bread. I have found myself avoiding eating or having popcorn for dinner and I hate popcorn. I have been alone with Britton for two days now and both days I have thought I was going to die! He is still teething and wants to be held most of the day, having four incision sites in my stomach does not make holding a baby easy or at all comfortable. The weekend is almost here and I hope that means I will start to feel much better. My Mom will be coming up for the weekend on Friday so an extra set of hands to hold Britton will be very appreciated by both Kyle and myself. We also have Grandfather Cincere's funeral on Friday. It seems like when things happen they all happen at once! I think Kyle and I (and probably Britton too) are ready for a "normal, calm schedule" to return!
I've posted some pictures of Britton below and a picture of my lovely gallstones and bladder....just a warning!!! :)

Britton being silly!

My "lovely" gallbladder and stones...I know it's gross!!

Kyle, Britton, Hank and Brandon playing in the pool.

Playing on his mat before he fell asleep!

Taking pictures since he decided it was too early for bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment