Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How we got here...

It is hard to believe that I am the mother of a 3 1/2 month old boy. Over a year and a half ago we thought having a child was near impossible. Due to many complications I had been told since I was 20 years old that I would only have about a 20% chance of ever getting pregnant. When Kyle and I were married we both knew we wanted children. I knew that if it was going to happen it would take prayers, patience, and fertility help. After 3 cycles of Clomid and no results I had what is called a HSG flush followed by 2 rounds of Clomid and to our surprise we learned that we were going to have a child after all. I can not begin to describe how exciting that day was or the other 34 weeks that followed. I was very lucky and did not have but 3 days or morning sickness, gained very little weight and felt good for most of the pregnancy. I did and still do suffer from anemia, but with what felt like a dozen iron supplements it was managed. We were blessed with 5 baby showers and felt prepared for Britton to arrive. On the day he decided to make his debut I was actually at my friend Abby's baby shower. On the way home I joked with Susan that I thought I was going to have a baby today... 5 hours later I did! Besides my little friend the epidural that my body refused to take it was an easy birth and went by quickly. 
So here we are after the weeks of little sleep at night, but naps during the day to 8 to 10 hours of sleep at night and little naps during the day. I've learned what each little noise and cry means. How he likes to be held, how he loves baths and loves to coo and laugh. We have established a bed time and a time to get up. Everything is going perfectly and I am loving getting to stay at home. I know that once I go back to teaching, he goes to daycare and life gets more hectic perfect may have a different definition and I'm okay with that. What a gift Britton is and what a blessing it is to have such wonderful family and friends to love him and help him along the way.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging! I love your story of getting pregnant! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristina! I'm glad you all are too! :) Again I love the tree idea for Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i love blogs:)hope to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you are blogging!! Love the pics and the updates! I can't believe how big he's getting!

    ReplyDelete