Friday, May 29, 2009

Making new friends and a 4 month check-up

On Thursday Britton and I met up with two of my friends from college, Abby and Kristina. Abby has a beautiful baby girl named Trevi. Trevi was born six weeks early making her just 4 1/2 days younger than Britton. Kristina has a little boy named Eli, who is destined to be a UT fan, if his father Sam as any say in the matter....much like Kyle feels about Britton's future college choice. We all decided to get together for a walking play date at Radnor. I was impressed how well they all did. When we finished walking we decided to take a picture of all of them together. This is when Briton decided he would rather eat and decided to cry to prove his point! Finally we did get a picture of our kiddos... future friends I'm sure.

Trevi, Britton and Eli


Britton decided to smile for the camera AFTER the group photo...of course!!

Today we had to take Britton for his 4 month check-up and shots. I must say I have been dreading this day since the 2 month shots consisted of a 10 minute screaming and crying fit. I had talked to Britton all week about it and told him if he stopped crying as soon as the shots were over we would get him a stuffed Handy Manny. He LOVES Manny. Yes, I know he is 4 months old and had no idea what I was telling him. I also know that I was attempting to bribe a baby. :) We didn't have to wait long before the nurse took us back for his stats. Amazingly Britton now weighs 17lbs and 8 oz (in the 90th  percentile) and is 25 1/4" long (in the 70th percentile.) What a chunky little man we have, though to me he looks skinnier then before! When the nurse left I had Britton sitting up so he could see himself in the mirror. All of a sudden he looked at his toes and grabbed them with his hands. He then started to bend all the way down and try to put them in his mouth! He thought this was so funny. He continued to laugh and talk when Dr. Chambers came in to look him over. After talking we decided not to start cereal until he is 5 months. I told him I thought Britton was teething, he thought not until he looked at his gums. Our little boy should have his first bottom tooth in 2 weeks to a month! We learned his blood type and got questions answered. I am so glad we went with Dr. Chambers and Britton seems to like him too. Then our nurse came back to give him his shots. Kyle held onto his little hand and we gave him his frog to hold in the other hand. I sat in the chair to avoid seeing his face in pain again. He cried, but nothing like last time. When she was finished Britton's cry turned into a  little whimper and when I picked him up, he stopped. Perhaps bribing a 4 month old does work! We are so glad that he is doing well and continuing to grow and mature both mentally and physically. We truly have been blessed with such a content and wonderful baby boy.
Britton looking at his sticker that his Daddy got him.
Britton and his new Handy Manny....can you tell how excited he is about this! I love it. :)

I decided to help him "taste" his toes!! He thought this was hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay you have a blog!! So excited that I can keep up with all of Britton's happnin's. Love you Big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! He's so cute. Glad to know that bribing babies really does work. We haven't tried that on Grayden yet... Glad you are blogging! Congrats on a beautiful, big, healthy boy!

    ReplyDelete