Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One year later

I love this picture from our wedding day. Yes, I realize that you can not really tell who is in the picture,besides me since the dress gives it away,but as soon as we were given our pictures I fell in love with this one. The other hand and body in the picture belongs to my sweet grandmother, M. I don't think there are words to describe what an amazingly loving, giving, selfless or Godly woman my grandmother was. I have so many good memories of my childhood that involve her and my grandfather. I spent more time with M and P then I probably did with my own parents when I was younger. They have and will always have such a huge and special place in my heart. Both as individuals and as a couple they are such an example. It was this time last year that my precious M passed away. I have been to many funerals, both of friends and family members, but this one was one that I had been dreading for years. I think the hardest part of that funeral was seeing and hearing my dear sweet Grandfather, P, as he was morning the loss of his wife of 64 years. 

M and I had talked about how Kyle and I were having difficulties getting pregnant and she shared that she and P had experienced the same problems. I know that she wanted to be a great-grandmother and was getting impatient about it! I didn't know it at the time, but I was pregnant at her funeral. Kyle and I joke that she got to talking when she got to Heaven and suddenly we were pregnant! I know that she would be just as in love with Britton as P is. I hate that Britton will never get to know her, but I also know that he will hear plenty of stories and see lots of pictures. On the other hand, God has perfect timing....having Britton has been the best healer for my grandfather. He is so in love with our baby boy. He comes to visit each time my parents do. My Mom jokes and says she knows that when the "old man" comes with them no one else will get to hold him, and she's right! We send P pictures of Britton every two weeks ad he calls often to hear Britton coo and laugh and talk about his next visit. He tells us how he takes the pictures to church to show him off and talks to his "little buddy" each night. Kyle and I are going to Bakersville this Sunday and of course taking Britton so that we can go to Silver Baptist with P and he can share the one he is so proud of. We plan on Britton taking flowers to M's grave. I know that this will be such an emotional day for all of us, but I'm looking forward to it because it will also be a time to celebrate such a wonderful woman's life. 

I'll always love that picture of M & I and I can't wait to talk to Britton about that day and about who she was and what she believed in.

1 comment:

  1. HEY! so glad you are on the blogging world. i will definitely have to keep up. love all the pics and love the remembering of M and P--so special that you wrote of them. i know its hard for grandparents not to be able to know our own children. . . . Britton is precious.

    love, Laura

    ReplyDelete