Monday, May 25, 2009

Our week(end) in Bristol...



On May 15th we loaded up the car and headed to Bristol for Britton to meet some family on Saturday and go to Bakersville for church with P. It was Britton's first long trip, 6 hours, and he handled it well. Thankfully he slept most of it and we only had to stop twice for changing and feedings. Things went as planned on Saturday with visits from family and us making a visit to Pa, my Dad, at his boat show. Then Sunday morning around 12:30 am I woke up with horrible stomach and chest pains at 4:30 I couldn't take it anymore and called m Mom to take me to the ER. Once I had checked in and been given a robe to change into and a bed to lay in my nurse, Rose, who was wonderful, came in to take blood and give me an IV of meds. At 8:30 am the doctor decided he had no idea what was wrong and sent me home with pain meds and medicine for nausea. The blood that was taken had tests run and I was told it could be my gallbladder. We returned back to find Kyle awake and Britton still asleep. Being that I still felt like I was dying, everyone but me went to Bakersville. When they returned home we talked and decided that since I still felt so horrible it was best for me to stay in Bristol with Britton so my family could help take care of him. Kyle left that afternoon so h could go to work on Monday. Mom kept Britton on Monday, my great aunt Pat kept him on Tuesday and by Wednesday I felt well enough to keep him. Finally we returned to Nashville on Thursday for me to go to work on Friday. Mom stayed until Saturday afternoon then headed back to Bristol. What a crazy week it was. I'm glad I stayed in Bristol though, there is no way I could have taken care of Britton by myself. I have an appointment this Thursday to have my gallbladder looked at to see if it needs to be removed.....which would explain why I have had a total of 4 attacks,2 while pregnant and 2 afterwards. Hopefully it will all be solved soon, rather I have to have surgery or not I just want to know what's wrong. On the positive side Britton did get to spend 7 days with his Mimi and Pa! :) Below are some of the pictures from our week.


Britton at Pa's Boat Show "drinking" his first Pepsi :)
Before going to P's church 
Playing-Drooling-Teething!
Playing on the bed by rolling over with help

2 comments:

  1. how precious! i loved the pics of him. love the smile, too! cynthia said he was just the cutest thing. so glad you had help from your fam. while you were sick. that sounds miserable. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was horrible! I just learned today that I have a gall bladder thats is full of stones. We'll set up a time for surgery on Monday. We think he's pretty adorable! I was glad that Cynthia and David got to see him when he was still "little."

    ReplyDelete